TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. General – acceptance of quotations, the placing of orders & paying of invoices, unless specifically noted by us in writing allow for the following terms and conditions.
2. Quotations – Figures given with the heading “Quotation” are fixed prices valid for an order placed within 30 days of quotation date.
3. Extent of design / supply / instillation – Our service is limited to that which is indicated or listed in our quotations and/or quotation drawing: Any additional or alterations which are required by the client or contractor will be charged as an “extra”
4. Drawings – Drawings and the information contained within are the property of Siddall & Downing. All copyrights ©, design rights, or intellectual property right is reserved by Siddall & Downing. The drawings are issued on the condition that it is not copied, reproduced, or disclosed to any unauthorised persons, either wholly or part without the prior written consent of Siddall & Downing. All concept drawings are subject to artistic interpretation and may be altered, major alterations will be confirmed in writing to all parties involved with the project.
5. Cancellation – If any orders placed with us are subsequently cancelled, for whatever reason, we reserve the right to charge for design, material purchase, and labour costs involved prior to cancellation.
6. Planning – Our quotations do not allow for applying for planning permission or for building regulation approval (unless stated or employed to do so), or for the payment fees for local authority for such application, expecting by our prior and written agreement, and that additional allowance be made to our contract price cover for the cost of this service.
7. Price – Siddall & Downing is a limited company but are not VAT registered, all quotations are inclusive of VAT.
8. Payment – An initial deposit of 30% is required, with balance due on completion of the project. Deposits will be deducted to the final balance, and will be stipulated on the invoice. All goods remain the property of Siddall & Downing until paid for in full.
9. Delivery – We do our utmost to affect delivery / installation of orders within the specified time frame; however we cannot accept any responsibility for direct loss by reason of circumstances outside of our control, including strikes, lockouts, non-delivery of materials etc.
10. Personal Safety – Keep everyone (especially children and pets) away from working areas and hazards. Advise Siddall & Downing of any health issues that may be affected by the work activities, so we can act accordingly.
11. Work Area – Please keep doorways & gates clear at all times for Siddall & Downing to access your property and ensure the work area is clear of furniture and obstructions. Work shop visits are encouraged but at the clients own risk.
12. Suppliers Tools and Materials – Do not use any of the tools or materials as we cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury caused. If we are using ladders or scaffolding, try to keep away from them and do not stand under or climb on them.
13. Loss & Damage – materials once delivered/installed on site are the responsibility of the purchaser, notwithstanding that title is with us until full payment is received.
14. Installation – Access / time frames will be agreed prior to the installation of the product. That we have free issue electric supply for lights and hand tools. If these circumstances do not apply we are entitled to charge for the additional costs involved (such as plant hire etc)
15. Legal – These terms are to be considered as an English contract being in conformity with English law.